Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday Brunch

I invited the girls over for a casual brunch. The idea was crepes - which didn't pan out due to a little flour goof, but luckily, I had enough other food that we were fine.

Menu

  • Roasted Vegetable Frittata 
  • Fruit Salad
  • Coffee & Juice
The Roasted Vegetable Frittata I made by adapting this one from Simply Recipes. I had some roasted vegetables left over from dinner last night (though not enough, so I had to roast a few more - I think I'm narrowing in on 425 as a good roasting temperature): zucchini, onions, tomatoes (grape so there's no chopping) and red/yellow peppers. I had seasoned them just with salt and white pepper (plus the oil to cook). I put them in my skillet, dumped in 9 eggs with a little parmesan mixed in (no milk, I've got some lactose intolerants and I figured the bit of cheese was okay, but I wouldn't push it). Once it was in the pan, I added some chunks of aged goat cheese. I put that on the burner and cooked until I had some solid bits on the edges and then moved it to the oven for about 15 minutes. The center was still a little non-solid looking, but the edges were nice and puffy. It was perfect! Seriously one of the best things I've eaten in a while - and so simple.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home