Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Summer Nights

Decided to just have friends over for a casual Monday night - taking advantage of "summer's bounty".

Menu
  • Gazpacho This was a new recipe for me. It uses tomato juice, which made me nervous, but it tasted good. I added a little extra garlic, lemon juice and salt - though otherwise stuck to the recipe (forgot chives)
  • Gougeres I served these with the gazpacho which was an awesome pairing! This was the first time that I did the reheating thing (the recipe said it was fine) and it worked out really well. These are delicious (I've now made them many times; the only down side is the stress of the cooking part, which has never gone wrong, but still feels stressful).
  • Roast Pork Loin with Figs For future reference, 1 1/2 cups of dried figs seems to be about 6 ounces.
  • Leek and Prosciutto Risotto I left out the asparagus. It was good. I forgot the parmesan - which was why it needed extra salt.
  • Peach Crisp This was good. Rave reviews from my guests. I thought maybe too much vanilla/raisin, but at the end of the day I think I'm a fruit purist, and most other people like a little more kick. I would do it again.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home