Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Kimchi Fried Quinoa

So, I love kimchi fried rice. Though recently I've almost totally replaced it with quinoa. And so, I decided to try kimchi fried quinoa (instead of the otherwise amazingly delicious kimchi fried rice).

I cruised around, combined a bunch of recipes, looked at what I had in the fridge and made the following:
1 tub kimchi (I feel like it's a pound, but not really based on any real knowledge)
1 lb ground pork
1.5 onions
3 cloves of garlic
Chili sauce
Soy sauce
Sesame oil
  1. Sautee 1 onion and garlic. Add pork and cook. Add chili sauce and soy sauce to taste.
  2. In a separate pan sautee second onion and garlic. Add kimchi and cook.
  3. Add quinoa to kimchi pan and cook (the idea is to make it a bit crispy, but I've never really been able to make it very crispy). Add a bit of sesame oil (I probably added 1/2 tablespoon, but maybe a little more)
  4. Mix the two pans together.

Simple and delicious!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home