Monday, November 16, 2009

Just a Random Tuesday Night

Tonight we had another of our random Tuesday night dinners. I learned that if I tilt my table across my 'dining area', I can comfortably seat 8 (rather than (as had been my modus operandi) just having the skinniest person sit at the far end)).

We started out with a pudding recipe I had seen on epicurious, plus L was reading the Momofuku cookbook and our continuing search for a pork recipe and ended up with what was a great menu.

Menu

Things to note

  • Both L&I noticed the NYTimes recipe on the cauliflower. And it was really good. Better than it should have been.
  • The onion tart is so very, very easy (though a bit time consuming). It really doesn't deserve to be as good as it is.
  • I firmly believe that the best brussel sprouts ever are at Momofuku, so when L said she had the recipe, I was sold. And they were amazing!! (The requisite "I don't like brussel spouts, but I'd eat the whole bowl of these")
  • The Date Pudding looks very much like what Les Etats Unis - a restaurant on the Upper East side serves. And that is one amazing dessert. I agree with the other reviewers (on epicurious) though and should have cooked it longer.

Pork Tenderloin with Green Curry Cream Sauce

We used the recipe for the Beef Tenderloin with Green Curry Cream Sauce as a jumping off point. We used the Herb Roasted Pork Loin recipe for pork cooking time. And subbed in green curry (I used 1 Tablespoon, but should probably have done 1/2 (I actually added a little extra cream)).

Momofuku Brussel Sprouts
Serves 8

4 lbs sprouts

Vinaigrette
1/2 cup Fish Sauce
1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
Juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup sugar
1 garlic clove minced
2 red chilies

Other
Cilantro - 2 Tbsp sliced stems and 1/2 cup leaves

  1. Cut sprouts. in half
  2. Heat 2tbs oil in oven safe skillet. Add sprouts cut side down
  3. When they begin to brown, transfer to oven for abt 15 mins at 400
  4. While cooking, combine the vinaigrette ingredients
  5. Toss the sprouts with the vinaigrette
  6. Fry cilantro and sprinkle over sprouts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home