Friday, January 05, 2007

Gotta Do What You Gotta Do (Chocolate Pudding)

I don't ever do the whole 'cooking without fat' thing. I like fat (butter, steak, whipping cream, olive oil, etc.). I think it generally makes things taste better. The one exception is that I actually do prefer to drink skim milk. Don't know how that happened, but it means that I've always got skim milk in the fridge (I drink a lot of milk). I usually have whipping cream in the fridge (but not always). And I almost never have whole milk.

And today, I was really craving pot de creme - chocolate. But all the pot de creme recipes are with heavy cream (which I didn't have). So I made pudding (I figured I was better downgrading from whole milk to skim than from heavy cream to skim, though I guess it's really all the same). But I wasn't totally 'slumming', I used skim milk, but I also used Valhrona.

And I did what I always do when I need a quick recipe - I used epicurious.
Chocolate Pudding


Notice that I couldn't get the photo before I had to take a bite.

But I made it through another day without flour.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gross!

I can't believe you succumbed to a less fatty form of lactose, etc...

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That gross comment was from me, but unfortunately I couldn't get my name on it.

O

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home