Sunday, December 10, 2006

Somebody else cooking!

On Saturday night I was invited over to J & B's house - I do love dinner parties. And J is a great cook (my pictures do not do this meal justice - I really need to work on this). She made veal with fusili and vodka sauce. This is not a sauce that I normally make or order. And after this meal, I'm not sure why, as it was totally awesome.She served it with the veal, lightly grilled on her stovetop. The recipe is incredibly (!) simple. I highly recommend this - both to people in a hurry and those who are not so much.

J’s Vodka Tomatoe Sauce
Sauce for a side of pasta for 4-6

1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
2 whole cloves garlic
1/3 (to taste) red onions diced
1/3 cup vodka (Smirnoff of course!)
1/4 cup cream (to taste)
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1/2 cup sweet peas
1/8 lb prosciutto torn in little pieces
1/3 cup Locatelli grated cheese (this is saltier than parmigiania cheese, so I prefer, you can also use parmigian but then you'll want to add some salt)

  1. Saute onions (until clear) and garlic
  2. Add everything else except peas, prosciutto and cream; cook for about 15 minutes
  3. Add remaining ingredients and cook another 10-15 minutes
  4. Enjoy!

For desert M brought along a blueberry pie - proving that there are some more than decent store bought pies. And ice cream - always an important option.


It's not just that it's nice to have someone cook for you (which is indeed nice), but that it's always nice to eat great food!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home