Sunday, December 03, 2006

In the Beginning

Having read any number of food blogs, it's clear that people generally food blog because of a love of food/tastes/wine/restaurants/etc. But I'm often curious as to the impetus - what got them off the couch and typing (or, if they're like me and have a laptop and wireless, what got them typing while still lazing on the couch).

I just whipped up a batch of biscuits (a total Sunday morning indulgence). And as usual (at least for the past few months), when I'm in the mood for buttermilk biscuits, I go back to a recipe from the Amateur Gourmet.

Impulsive Late Night Biscuit Ecstasy




And I realized that this recipe was one of those milestones along the path to me starting my blog. This was the first blog recipe (though not the last) that I tried while I was still just reading. But making it made me feel a little bit like I was participating in the world of blogging.

Now I'm trying to remember what my first comment was. If I remember, and if it turns out to be interesting, I'll post about it.

But back to the biscuits. I highly recommend that you try them. They're so easy (~35 minutes from flour to mouth (20 minutes cooking time)), and so good - which is why they've become one of my mainstays.

Today I'm having the biscuits with butter (totally unnecessary, but that's what an indulgence is) and Sarabeth's jams (Strawberry Raspberry and Mango Strawberry). I often use clotted cream (didn't have any and didn't feel like going 'all the way' downstairs and 1 block away to get it - feel free to refer back to the earlier 'lazy' comment) and my mom's homemade strawberry jam (out of that too - mom, if you're reading this, that sounds like an addressable problem - hint, hint).


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home