Friday, December 01, 2006

Deja vu - all over again


There is almost no week where I don't have streetmeat for lunch once. But I do try to avoid overdoing it. Everything in moderation (of course, that includes moderation). Apparently this week was one of those weeks when the moderation was in moderation. That and the fact that I wanted to show how much better the aforementioned eggplant make the lunch - they're the slightly darker, slightly shinier dark things along the top.

(As an aside, and I'm sure I'll get more animated about this at another time, my views on 'good' and 'bad' food are pretty much as follows: I think that food that is pretty 'pure' is good (includes everything from chocolate to red wine to cheese to foie gras to whipping cream, etc.) and food that is not is bad (includes a lot of fast food and processed food). I stay away from things like trans-fats and try to eat organics, etc. when I can. But I don't stay away from fat or red meat or anything else good. And as of my doctor appointment on the 17th of November, my cholesterol is right on target. Whatever I'm doing, it works for me. )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home