Saturday, April 19, 2008

Worth the Wait?

I had lunch today at Shake Shack. It was about 80 degrees and the line reflected that. It wrapped around the entire bottom of the park - and stayed that way the entire time I was there (I arrived at 12:50 (after yoga) and finished eating about 3:00). During my entire 2 hour window, the line stretched to almost the exact same point - so a 1 1/2 hour wait for a burger and shake even if you arrived at 3 in the afternoon.

The thing is - if half the reason you're going is for an excuse to hang out in the sun, then it doesn't really matter. I read my book and enjoyed the day.

I had:
1 Shackburger (no lettuce, no tomato - yes to cheese, special sauce, pickles, onions and ketchup)
1 order of fries (which I did not eat even half of, though they were good - and I'm not usually a fan of the crinkly ones)
1 chocolate shake (as much as I like their burgers, and while they're not my favorite in the city, they're good - the shake is one of my big reasons for going).

So, a nice day, a nice meal. But you've got to view the line in a zen way. Through any other lens, it's the silliest thing in the world (i.e., good lunch, but not 90 min wait good - but for someone looking to soak up a little sun, it was perfect).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the lines, they are insane. but the shakes? they are the bomb diggity. the burgers are good, but the shakes are where it's at.

sometimes, at lunch, we send an intern with everyone's orders to do the line-waiting on our behalfs.

11:41 PM  
Blogger Bee said...

It's always good when interns provide value!

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home