Monday, February 12, 2007

You Just Need One (2000 Flavors)

We had walked from the hotel to S.O.B's for dinner and decided to stop for ice cream for dessert. (One of my very favorite treats in the world is ice cream on a cone, eaten outside in the heat. It's an awesome combination and one I indulge whenever I can (harder to do in the last few months in NY)).

The store we found is called 2000 Flavors. We're assuming that that is on a rotating basis, as they only seemed to have about 30-40 flavors. But they had mine (so more would have added nothing for me). My favorite ice cream cone is Mint Chocolate Chip on a sugar cone. It's my idea of the perfect ice cream experience.

I ordered a single scoop (more on American portions another time) and prepared to enjoy.

It was beyond what I hoped. This was one of the best ice cream cones I had had in a long time! This was awesome ice cream. It was perfectly flavored - well balanced between the mint and the chips (too many places try for big chocolate chunks, which just doesn't work). But even beyond the flavor was the ice cream itself. It was rich and creamy. It was so good! Every bite tasted good! It's been a long time since I've had such a perfect cone. I was suddenly okay with the American 'single' scoop having 2 scoops. I didn't want the cone to end.

This is ice cream worth going out of your way for!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home